Erda; is the earth-mother and goddess of destiny: she is the soil in which our tree of life is rooted.
Welcome to Erda Training and Therapy
Thank you for visiting my website. I hope that I can offer something that will be of interest and help to you.
I live and work in South Cheshire, near the towns of Crewe, Nantwich and Sandbach. I use rooms in a large house, which is easy to get to.
I consider myself a fellow traveller, on my own quest to answer life’s questions. My learning, experience and training will be what I can offer to you.
Professional counselling experience
I have over 25 years experience as a social worker, and in recent years as a bereavement counsellor. I've delivered training in bereavement and loss, and am familiar with the devastating impact that loss can have on life. Please see my About Me page for more information about my skills and employment history.
I am registered with the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC) and the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I am also a member of the British Association of Social Workers (BASW) and the Gestalt Psychotherapy Training Institute (GPTI). I am a qualified Equine Facilitated Psychotherapist trained by LEAP. My Links page gives details of where you can find the relevant codes of ethics and professional standards which I adhere to.
Room-based counselling sessions last 50 minutes. Sessions with the Therapy herd last up to 90 minutes, with a recommendation of a minimum of 3 sessions.
What do I offer?My training in counselling has followed my personal beliefs. These include:
- That the past is important and can impact on the present.
- That we are part of a group, that can include the family, workplace, and our local community. Being with others is something we learn about from a very young age. Groups mirror differences and similarities in society.
- We are all striving to grow and heal.
- Challenges that come our way are context specific - what we find challenging may not be to another person. This is important as we can build resilience through facing adversity and mastering our challenges.
- Relationships can be repaired and ruptures, misunderstandings and lack of communication can be overcome.
- We may find we are repeating patterns in our relationships. This is information that eventually can help us change the cycle.
- Talking and being heard can bring us to new awareness.
Please see my Counselling page for more detail.
Counselling sessions last for 50 minutes, and the number of sessions is reviewed and discussed between us.
We have a contract together which states the limits of confidentiality and the terms of us working together.
The first session is free, as it's a chance for us to see whether we can work together and whether I'm the appropriate therapist for you at this time. There's more on my Counselling page.
A specialist in bereavement training and loss
I'm an experienced group facilitator, and bring my therapeutic skills to my role as a trainer. I can come into your place of work and design a tailor-made training session on bereavement and loss. This can include theory, small group reflections and facilitated learning. I've worked with many different staff groups and leaders. Sometimes the opportunity to have some time together can remind a team of what they know and do well and can therefore increase individual confidence and motivation. This in turn can improve the function of the team and improve the service being delivered. Please see my Training page for more information.
I have daytime and an evening clinic for counselling sessions.
I have specific days when I am available for training and consultancy.
How to contact me
Please do contact me to discuss any aspect of training, consultation or Counselling. My Contact page has details of my fees. I can be contacted by telephone - 07837411717 or 01270 650934 or email - firstname.lastname@example.org